:: [Dng] Towards systemd-free package…
Author: Jude Nelson
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [Dng] Towards systemd-free packages
Hey everyone,

Is there a list somewhere that has the packages in Jessie that depend on
some part of systemd? I'd like to get the ball rolling on compiling out
systemd dependencies for Devuan packages, but I don't want to duplicate
anyone's efforts.

Maybe a good first step would be to get a list of these packages through
APT, and then group them by the degree to which they depend on systemd? I
suspect most packages can simply compile out support (like Gravis said in
another thread), but I know there are some that will need some
functionality replaced (like Xorg with libsysdev) and some that will need
to be replaced outright in the medium-term (like udev).

I can get working in this list in a few days if no one else can.

Thanks,
Jude