:: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
Author: Kevin Chadwick
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
On 10/08/2024 14:33, Andreas Messer wrote:
> Huh? You can of course already use rust on microcontrollers. If you
> want to use rust, the way to go is rustc which is based on llvm.

True, except as no-std (no stdlib). I was lurking in the STM32 Rust chats for a
while. Honestly Ada on micros makes Rust look complicated, silly and archaic. I
am talking about the light Ada runtime too that runs on any e.g. arm cortex m
etc. without any porting and brings some stdlib support. If you get a larger
runtime working with Ada then you can also use a huge part of the stdlib on any
micro.