:: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
On Aug 10, 2024, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 09/08/2024 à 13:59, Dan Purgert via Dng a écrit :
> > Nor does it work on microcontrollers 😉
>
>     Not yet! If one can build a GCC cross compiler, it can support all

Yeah, you snipped off the "(...yet)" I added like a line down to that.
If it (Rust) can be made to compile down to (whichever) machine code,
and you prefer it over C (or assembly), have at it.

Completely agree that it's a pretty strong endorsement of the language
that the linux kernel team is using it, even if experimentally.

--
|_|O|_|