:: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user da…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user data

On 2024-07-19 09:25, marc wrote:
> Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately the days where browser engines have been highly modular and
>> could very easily embedded are gone. At least for now. Again KHTML comes
>> to my mind. Browser engines have become so complex and it is very
>> challenging to keep up with the pace of introducing new crap^W^W standards
>> into the web.
>
> There is a phrase for this, it is called "weaponised complexity". The
> keen observer might worry that systemd is engaging in a similar
> activity.

It's accurate. Though, I don't think it would be understood by
developers. It seems to me the weaponizing is done by the suits
(business/sales/marketing/strategy/product managers). It might appear as
praise and a promotion for the developer who comes up with the complex,
convoluted solution. Denial is easy, but it's not easy to fool an
experienced engineer. So it's important to not keep talking about it.