:: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user da…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user data
On 2024-07-15 19:45:31, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Oh my, I just wrote it:
>
> Browsers are hard these times.
>
> Mozilla did it again:
>
> https://blog.privacyguides.org/2024/07/14/mozilla-disappoints-us-yet-again-2/
>
> If you use Firefox 128 I suggest you turn this "feature" off.
>
> I do not think Chrome is better.
>
> I hope one day browsers will be developed with ethical integrity again.

Firefox-ESR at least has been leaking the URLs you visit directly to
Google for some time. Open up advanced settings, search for "google",
you'll find a shit load of google URLs. At least one of them is used to
check if the web page you are about to visit is not counted as evil by
Google.

Reminds me, I have to go through the config files and
s/google.com/localhost/g on my newly installed desktop. Haven't found a
switch to turn that off otherwise.