:: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you us…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you use?
On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 12:55:30 +0200
Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:

> Didier Kryn - 15.07.24, 12:42:57 CEST:
> >      It's all very personal and I guess we are all like this at Devuan.
> > We all have different tastes, respect each other, and like to have
> > choice.

> +1000
>
> Thanks.
>
> Thanks also to Ralph!
>
> I love how this thread is starting. Keep them coming.
>
> I think I wait a bit more before starting comment more specifically.
>
> Best,

Hi,

I loved KDE from the start when I started using Mandrake Linux
and kept it through the years when i moved to debian and
still have it installed in devuan. Now I use xfce because
KDE developed a bug on my box resetting the positions
of all my icons on the desktop in a random fashion, this
made me mad but i was not able to fixit so I moved to xfce.
But I loved the fine tuning that was possible with kde
and when time and laziness permits I will try it again.
I was a fan of kmail but after the KDEPIM/AKONADI/MYSQL
trouble i moved to thunderbird first and to claw-mail later
as it has the kind of fine tuning I like, just the search
function sucks badly. I still use kate for any programming,
for me the best editor! and konsole as terminal.
Firefox is my browser but with every new release it gets
improved for the worse so sooner or later I will have to look
for alternatives. Other software I use is libreoffice
and synaptic for package management mostly
browsing through program descriptions to find some
piece of software to accomplish some task otherwise apt.
Last but not least openvpn, remmina and arno-iptables-firewall.

Ciao,
Tito