:: Re: [DNG] KDE Desktop Question
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] KDE Desktop Question
Le 13/07/2024 à 12:54, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> No. Again an across the board statement that in its entirety is not an
> accurate assessment. With the introduction of KDE Frameworks they
> introduced a level of clarity and modularity that I find to be unparalleled
> in the world of integrated desktop solutions. The LXQt desktop which is
> based to a good degree on KDE Frameworks is a living example of that. I'd
> argue an LXQt based integrated desktop without Akonadi and also Baloo
> would be similarly lightweight as an icewm based one.

    Sorry to jump into this discussion but the concept of "integrated
desktop solution" is precisely the kind of thing which I don't want,
because it goes against the idea of "do one thing etc" and the idea of
software diversity. It is precisely one of the reasons why I dropped KDE
around 20 years ago.

--     Didier