:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- vers…
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- versions? dhcp? unbound?
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:57:02 +0200 - aitor <aitor_czr@???>:

> Hi,
>
> The gtk interface for simple-netaid -that I've had abandoned for a long
> time- will be released in a few days. The code is available here:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk/src/branch/master/ui

Great!

> On the other hand, the ubus handlers in the daemon of simple-netaid have
> been improved as well, and actually snetaid works in combination with
> dhcpcd as opposed to old versions that worked with the deprecated
> isc-dhcp-client.

Uhm... I am with:

libnetaid 1.4
simple-netaid-cdk 1.5
simple-netaid-vte3 0.4.2
snetaid 1.5

and still with isc-dhcp-client with unbound 1.17.1 (which I have as a local
recursive not authoritative caching DNS server).

Some doubts... please help me :

Should I need to update some snetaid package (from gnuinos repositories)?

Should I first replace isc-dhcp-client with dhcpcd?

And do I need to change something in the unbound configuration?

> In regard to a recent thread in DNG mentioning a bug related to dhcpcd
> working with runit as PID1, it's worth to say that the recommended dhcpcd
> configuration for simple-netaid is to leave the former normally downed (not
> daemonized) but working on request of simple-netaid. The latter will do
> the job during the boot process, being the responsible for the automatically
> connection attempts, even in cases of wifi usb adapters.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aitor.

Regards
alexus

--
The only way humans have learned to survive brings them to extinction.
Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B