:: Re: [DNG] eventually: the sbin merg…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eventually: the sbin merge
On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 11:39:48 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>     After the /usr merge, Fedora is considering merging bin and sbin
> into bin.
>
>     The full explanation is at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Unify_bin_and_sbin
>
>     The foreseeen sbin merge will apply in both /usr and /usr/local. My
> opinion is that this merge is a good thing; the split makes no sense
> nowadays.
>
> --     Didier

Hi,

I fail to see why putting everything in one folder should be a good idea,
for me it is not intuitive and contra productive, but for simplicity's sake
we could call c:\windows.....
Touching /usr/local is a taboo break, why they want to mess with my files?
All in all a bad idea originating from a bad idea originating from a bad idea
originating from a bad idea originating from a bad idea originating from a bad idea
originating from a bad idea........
The question about what is the way out of this mess arises?
LFS...BSD...who knows.

Ciao,
Tito