:: Re: [DNG] OT: There seems to be som…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: Arnt Karlsen, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT: There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
On 1/1/24 02:55, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 07:25:08 -0300, altoid wrote in message
> <658FF004.15298.3BE5F6@???>:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> On 30 Dec 2023 at 5:01, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:
>>
>>> ... IBM picking up (or being tricked into sponsoring) the
>>> decommoditization attack ...
>>
>> IBM?
>> Tricked?
>> Right ...
>
> ..ahem, those Holocaust punch cards came from who, again? ;o)

True. I was thinking of the (apparently) brief window in time about 20
years ago when IBM seemed to have turned over new leaf. At that time,
they were investing heavily in Linux and open standards and contributing
in a positive way. IBM seems now to have gone back to its usual
behavior. However, it still has fewer microsofters working inside it
than Google which is reported to have over 12k inside now.

https://switchonbusiness.com/most-talent-from-competitors/

/Lars