:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
On 12/30/23 12:25, altoid via Dng wrote:
>> ... many who can contribute with sysvinit scripts ...
> Linux has tens of thousands of very capable users, the great majority
> highly qualified.

How can the work flow be modified to let them in? What I see as the
largest barrier there is the sea change needed in how work is split up
regarding packages.

Currently a single package is managed from start to finish by a
maintainer or group of maintainers, if I understand correctly. What
would be needed for many more people to participate would be the ability
to focus on specific subtasks within that work flow, across multiple
packages, without the need to take custody the whole package -- just the
subtask. That would then make it possible to focus as befitting the
available skill sets across many packages.

/Lars