:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites ne…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites need a makeover for Daedalus
Hi,

..cut..
> grumpy. The IBM POWER world has been a little rough over the past decade
> and we no longer see anything big endian at all. SPARC is dead. Those

The preferred way to run Linux on IBM POWER is in little endian mode.

> systems are a great way to test code which does need to be portable. My

And the above is selected exactly for the opposite reason of what you say -
instead of fixing bugs and making that software better, the corporate
preference is to make the existing crap running with as little changes as
possible.

I do not expect to see any big endian system go mainstream anytime soon. Yes,
there is s390 but that is not an option to run in your garage.

With best regards,
b.