:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites ne…
Author: Dennis Clarke
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites need a makeover for Daedalus
On 4/30/23 16:35, john faulk wrote:
> Dennis, please do yourself a favor and don't do this. Trust me when I tell
> you it's not worth your time. Devuan DOES have ppc64 and varying arm
> packages, they just do not have proper ISOs for it (though I did make ISOs
> for arm64 on chimaera, which are still hosted at arm-files.devuan.org).
> Plus, if you want to try a good arm64 implementation based on Devuan, keep
> an eye out on PeppermintOS, we plan on releasing an ISO for arm64 later
> this year. As the head of that branch, I hope that eventually we can extend
> to other architectures, too. If you want to help test that, by all means
> email me privately and we can discuss it further. but please, let's not
> start long arguments here on the mailing lists. I plead with you.

     Thank you Sir, that is a wonderful response and yes I was being
grumpy. The IBM POWER world has been a little rough over the past decade
and we no longer see anything big endian at all. SPARC is dead. Those
systems are a great way to test code which does need to be portable. My
primary concern is in making repairs to glibc and also libC in the UNIX
world. There are very subtle bugs in there that can really wreck havoc
with computation. Therefore multiple architectures are required for
testing.

     In any case I may reach out, tomorrow *after* a few cups of coffee.

     Sorry for the rude noises.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC