:: Re: [DNG] Devuan and ReaR
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan and ReaR
Manny via Dng <dng@???> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been a Devuan user for years. I love the systemd freedom it offers.
> Having said that, recently I wanted to try this backup utility called
> Relax-and-Recover (Rear).
> While rear packages are available on Devuan, the utility does not work
> as expected and I believe it may be due to systemd not being there.
>
> So on my Devuan 4 I did "apt-get install rear", and it installed
> without a glitch.
>
> It runs and creates the backup just fine, but then when it's time to
> restore it blows, up and falls apart. The error is: "cannot mount ISO
> because there is no /dev/disk/by-label/RELAXRECOVER"
> I don't know exactly how and why this is,

The symlinks in this directory are created by udev when 'disk device'
appear or disappear. I certainly don't run systemd but the symlinks for
my 'real' disk device are there. An additional for a USB stick with a
Devuan live system on it is created shortly after plugging the USB stick
into a USB socket and again removed when removing it. So "absence of
systemd" really shouldn't be the issue.

According to the thread at

https://github.com/rear/rear/issues/2955

should 2.7 works out of the box.