:: Re: [DNG] FYI closed source firmwar…
Author: sawbona
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FYI closed source firmware
On 23 Feb 2023 at 12:41, g4sra via Dng wrote:

> If you don't see an issue with this....

I'd say that a great many (say maybe 95% or more?) of desktop/laptop
users either don't care, don't think it is something relevant or at
the very best, that it is something that may cause worry -if and
when- it becomes a *problem*.

And even then, don't actually think such a *problem* would
significantly affect them.

Others (like me) do see an issue with the general direction this is
taking, one enough to worry about.

Now.

Intel and AMD have always been and will *always* be locked into a
strong mob like (WinTel anyone) relationship with Microsoft,
basically because *that* is where the money (among other things
money/power related) actually is for *both* of them.

That will *not* change and Intel/AMD processors and chipsets with
closed source BIOS/chipsets and such will in a few year's time be the
only MS approved hardware.

Something that *will* have consequences.

Things look rather grim.

A.