:: Re: [DNG] A warning to EU mirror op…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A warning to EU mirror operators
On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 18:14:31 -0600, john wrote in message
<CANFkv8rw66EgoxUbSKOXkBtgk+vZnrKOYiJ=TveBVYZR+tKKgQ@???>:

> To all of our partners in the EU:
>
> Effective at some point this year, a law will take effect that will,
> depending on how extreme the interpretation is, ban Linux from the
> EU. We have a list of known mirrors that will be affected. All
> operators in this region are advised to begin the process of creating
> emergency backups of their servers.
>
> List of Mirrors Affected by this law:
> sledjhamr.org
> mirror.koddos.net
> mirror.vpgrp.io
> ftp.fau.de
> mirror.ungleich.ch
> dist-mirror.fem.tu-ilmenau.de
> devuan.packet-gain.de
> mirror.checkdomain.de
> mirrors.dotsrc.org
> devuan.bio.lmu.de
> mirror.stinpriza.org
> quantum-mirror.hu
> repo.ifca.es
> devuan.keff.org
> devuan.krypto-it.pl
> devuan.sedf.de
>
> Articles related to the law can be found here:
> https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2023/2/1/eu-chat-control-law-will-ban-open-source-operating-systems/
> https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20230202-eu-chat-control-law-os/
>
> Even if it doesn't get as bad as I suspect, this is still a wake-up
> call for all of us.

..easy: 0, hide the mirrors behind some sort of vpn registry site link.
Blame it all on EU's new corrupt totalitarian rule.

..1, on each mirror website, set up calls for referendums on kicking
Norway out of the EU's EEA and out of Interpol on Norway's Quran
burning war crime today in front of the Turkish Embassy in Oslo,
Norway. There has been numerous other Quran burning war crimes
allowed, aided and abetted by the Norwegian police.
These violates Article 53 (a) of:
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/ihl-treaties/api-1977/article-53?activeTab=undefined
The Commentary to Article 53 expands further on this:
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/ihl-treaties/api-1977/article-53/commentary/1987?activeTab=undefined
The relevant bits here is the language on "cultural objects"
and on "religious objects", I may be missing some.

..our (convenient) obligation under Article 83 - Dissemination
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/ihl-treaties/api-1977/article-83?activeTab=undefined
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/ihl-treaties/api-1977/article-83/commentary/1987?activeTab=undefined

..I am not aware of any attempt to make peace with "Islamic" war
parties other than Donald J. Trump's Afghanistan "disengagement",
nor of any Article 89 - Co-operation, nor of any Article 88 - Mutual
assistance in criminal matters, nor of any Article 90 - International
Fact-Finding Commission hearings, probably because that would place
onto somebody, under Article 91 - Responsibility, exactly that.
We (NATO) "therefore remain at war with" "Islam" despite "this
ceasefire."
Norway's police also helped Hitler get our Jews to Auschwitz.

..calling for referendums on kicking Norway out of the EEA and
out of Interpol, is an excellent way of getting the attention
all these matters require.

..2, on each mirror website, also set up and organise referendums
on leaving the EU, Brexit style.

..3, set up payment boycotts on power, gas, water, district heat etc
to demand full documentation on the software (aka "firmware") licenses
in those power, gas, water, district heat etc meters.

..my current understanding is, many of these meters run pirated Linux
and/or Busybox, in violation of the GPL. If these meters are behind
locked doors on property you have or have had lawful custody of thru
lawful ownership, rental contracts, loans, housesitting for a friend
or relative, or have had the keys to to water the flowers for a
neighbor, etc, etc, you too may find yourselves in violation of the
GPL if you ever give up custody to the keys to such property after
e.g. watering the flowers for your livid neighbor. Or landlord...

..did the EU really intend to introduce Soviet style propiska, or
reintroduce EUropean feudal serfdom, with this, er, legislation?

..this new sneaky EU rule making may be EU's attempt to cover up
this software piracy corruption.

..the EU can make EU utilities who use such power, gas, water,
district heat etc meters to collect payment etc, etc, document
their software (aka "firmware") licenses or contracts (aka "license
agreement") in those power, gas, water,district heat etc meters,
_if_ they wanna convince me (and us?) otherwise.
EU, expect http://groklaw.net/ style scrutiny. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: