:: [DNG] Trying to install pipewire-al…
Author: hal
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Trying to install pipewire-alsa on Chimera
Hi,
I upgraded Beowulf > Chimera a month back or so. It went well. I'm trying to experiment with Pipewire and running into a problem. apt is telling[1] me that I have broken packages. Not sure if this is something I did, or related to the upgrade, or what.

I recall trying Pipewire last year but don't remember if I installed any out-of-band version that may be confusing apt. dpkg shows pipewire:amd64 0.3.19-4 is installed and that is the version apt reports as well so I don't think it's a leftover. I don't have any active 3rd party apt repos for Pipewire.

When I look for[2] held packages with dpkg, It looks like Pipewire is in the "held" state due to it being queued for deinstall? Any thoughts how to fix it?

Thanks

[1]
# apt install pipewire-alsa
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  pipewire-alsa : Depends: pipewire (= 0.3.63-1~bpo11+1) but 0.3.19-4 is to be installed
                  Depends: libpipewire-0.3-0 (= 0.3.63-1~bpo11+1) but 0.3.19-4 is to be installed

[2]
# dpkg --get-selections | grep -E '(held|pipe)'
libpipeline1:amd64                              install
libpipewire-0.3-0:amd64                         install
pipewire:amd64                                  deinstall
pipewire-bin                                    deinstall

[3]
# apt depends pipewire
pipewire
Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.52)
Depends: libpipewire-0.3-modules (= 0.3.19-4)
Depends: pipewire-bin (= 0.3.19-4)