:: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera ne…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Ralph Ronnquist
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera netinstall
On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 9:35 PM Ralph Ronnquist <rrq@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 08:47:01PM -0600, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > Set up a usb stick with chimera 4.0.0 to do a net install on a lenovo
> > 100e laptop (minimally configured laptop w 64 GB nvme drive (I
> > think)).
> >
> > Got stuck when the Ramaxel MMC64G drive is not listed.
> > So the installer was trying to install onto the usb stick (that don't work).
> >
> > How/where do I find a driver for this sdd?
>
> The installer has the nvme.ko module but might not load that
> automatically. It might work if you enter the C-A-F2 shell immediately
> on the frst installer dialog and modprobe it manually.

I may have more issues yet!

Thought I would try using the above and understanding that it meant
1. start the install
2. type C-A-F2 and then do a
3. modeprobe nvme.ko and that hopefully getting things going.

Well - - - this morning (checked and secure boot is still off and the usbstick
is still listed as the 1st boot device) the twirly (dumb) circly thing
starts on
the black screen and then after a bit it changes to the same twirly stars in
a circle thing but on a blue background and it then is booting into windows.

This is the same usb stick as yesterday so dunno what changed.

Do I have to reinstall the installer?
Are the problems going to be less if I install using the 1st dvd equivalent
instead of trying to do a net-install?
This is getting rather tedious.
Maybe I need to forget about having a laptop for reading books running
on linux - - - - just no can do.

Please advise.