:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Rob Pearce
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
On 23/11/2022 01:44, golinux@??? wrote:
> Here's a first stab at it.

Aha, "blood and guts of a Vulcan" 😛

Certainly better colours but, for the upstream default, and bearing in
mind the copyright policy of DeviantArt (which is where the original
background's copyright note listed), a derived work such as that is
probably not appropriate. One of my brothers is a patent lawyer so I
want to be careful about doing it right.

Besides, if I'm changing the theme then it should be to a different
look, not just colour (and I'd keep the existing one as a "legacy"
theme). I don't see that default background as being in any way a
"trademark", unlike the Devuan curve. It's almost more of a
place-holder, since most distros will replace it in their package (or in
some other way).

Thanks anyway.

Rob

--