:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
On 2022-11-22 15:34, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2022-11-22 14:35, Rob Pearce wrote:
>> On 22/11/2022 18:35, . fsmithred wrote:
>>> I don't know the original name for that image, but I refer to it as
>>> blood-and-guts when I'm being polite.
>>
>> It is rather pink ;)
>>
>> I don't know the name either, only what's in the COPYRIGHT file.
>>
>>> I wouldn't mind if the default bg was changed to something else.
>>
>> I've considered doing so, as part of the fork. However, I don't really
>> do colours, so I won't be designing my own.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rob
>
> Well color is something I can do right down to one increment in a hex.
> That is something I could contribute to making the default SLiM
> background a little less gory! Maybe a chance to use "leafy" colors is
> finally here? Whaddya think fsmithred? If anyone has ideas, please do
> share.
>
> golinux

Here's a first stab at it. Needs a little more saturation and yellow.
Text colors would also need tweaking. A screenshot using this BG with
the default SLiM settings would be helpful if someone wants to mess with
it . . .

In case you're wondering what "leafy" is
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/backgrounds/jessie/devuan-your-way-leafy-2560x1600.png

golinux