:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]
On Fri, 04 Nov 2022 20:25:57 +0000, Simon wrote in message
<F5AA5C76-494B-4295-8B6F-7698D1AA7B9E@???>:

> On November 4, 2022 7:30:46 PM UTC, Antony Stone
> <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:
> >On Friday 04 November 2022 at 20:12:58, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >
> >> https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/26/tightening_linux_boot_process_micr
> >> osoft_poettering/?
> >
> >> https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/03/version_252_systemd/?utm_source=da
> >> ily&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=top-article
> >
> >> 2 great old "science fiction" novels turned general history
> >> lessons on totalitarian German speaking vanity war makers: ;o)
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
> >
> > Thanks for heads-up.
> >
> > With all due respect to your Subject line, however, those novels
> > were written by Aldous Huxley and Eric Blair (better known as George
> > Orwell) :)

..amaaazing how I managed to read "George Orwell" as "Orson Welles",
thanks for correcting me, I also managed to miss adding this fine link
to my post: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian_personality

> Perfect for Friday night. I laughed at how silly some people are, but
> it's actually pretty serious. What's that recent scifi film with the
> class based society? I can't remember the name... "Hunger Games"..?
> Oh not so recent. I'm showing my age. Maybe ideas were borrowed from
> "Brave New World".

.."maybe." Just look at how those cheap to produce crime and reality
TV shows, and Fox "News" etc prepped you all for the "all but inevitable
neccessity of WWIII", etc, etc.

> Don't be quiet.

..some of us also needs to consider the tactics... so, VOTE!!!,
or you'll make me live in the oldest surviving democracy for a
wee while. I now live in the 2'nd oldest democracy and it is
upon you yankees to keep your democracy alive.

> Thank you,
>
> Simon

Scenarios always come in sets of three: