:: Re: [DNG] status of devuan package …
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] status of devuan package servers
On 2022-11-05 11:26:00, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:
> Hi Riccardo,
>
> Riccardo Mottola via Dng <dng@???> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > since yesterday, I am unable to get package updates, eg apt-get update
> > on http://deb.devuan.org but it timeouts.
>
> Not experiencing that here. If it was an issue with deb.devuan.org, I
> assume the problem has gone away. If you're still seeing it, the cause
> is probably elsewhere.
>
> Hope this helps,

deb.devuan.org is a DNS round robin, it'll resolve to a bunch of our
package mirrors, and apt gets to use one of them at any given time. So
the one you where getting at that specific time might have been having
issues. So try again later.

We have something I wrote called apt-panopticon that tests all our
package mirrors every ten minutes (except the Aussie one that tests every
hour). They are scattered across the world to get good coverage of
Internet outages and such.

Netherlands - https://sledjhamr.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html
Australia - https://borta.devuan.dev/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html
France - http://veritas.devuan.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html
Canada - https://mishka.snork.ca/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html
India - https://ap.in.devuan.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html

Checking one of those might help find out if a particular mirror is
having issues recently.