:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]
On November 4, 2022 7:30:46 PM UTC, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:
>On Friday 04 November 2022 at 20:12:58, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
>> https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/26/tightening_linux_boot_process_micr
>> osoft_poettering/?
>
>> https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/03/version_252_systemd/?utm_source=da
>> ily&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=top-article
>
>> 2 great old "science fiction" novels turned general history
>> lessons on totalitarian German speaking vanity war makers: ;o)
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
>
>Thanks for heads-up.
>
>With all due respect to your Subject line, however, those novels were written
>by Aldous Huxley and Eric Blair (better known as George Orwell) :)

Perfect for Friday night. I laughed at how silly some people are, but it's actually pretty serious. What's that recent scifi film with the class based society? I can't remember the name... "Hunger Games"..? Oh not so recent. I'm showing my age. Maybe ideas were borrowed from "Brave New World".

Don't be quiet.

Thank you,

Simon

--
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.