:: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup
Author: Hector Gonzalez Jaime
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup

On 4/24/22 12:17, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Suddenly it cannot write on a file system. Presumably the backup drive? The one it has already filled with 215831712 iK blocks and has abother 1608278664 available?
>
> Then more complaints about banned unicode characters, and then another similar backtrace ending with
>
> OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
>
> Is anyone else having problems like these? Is rdiff-backup busted? Or is my new backup drive or my USB interface busted?

This might mean your system detected a format problem with your backup disk, have you tried to remount it? Check your kernel log,
if there is such a problem it would remount the disk read only. You can verify with the mount command and no arguments.
If that is the case, you should umount the disk, and run fsck on it before trying to mount the disk again.

--
Hector Gonzalez
cacho@???