:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Nick:
> On 25-04-2022 16:20, Fred wrote:

> > The compile went ok.  I used command line:
> > inputattach --daemon --baud 1200 -msc /dev/ttyUSB0
> > It accepted the baud rate option this time however the middle button
> > still does not work.  The pointer freezes when the middle button is
> > down.

So, everything works, except the middle button ?

Just checking, is this one in the kernel:

# grep MOUSE_SERIAL /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_MOUSE_SERIAL=y

If done as a module, you need to
modprobe sermouse

> > I ran gpm-mouse-test again.  That program seems to have major
> > problems.  It can't even detect the baud rate which I know to be 1200.

Forget about that program then, it doesn't help you.

> Looking at inputattach man page could you give the option
>
> *-ms*,*--mshack*
>     3-button mouse in Microsoft mode.

> a try?

Cannot say much about that, but there is a -sun variant also.
You have to try around.

///

If you cannot make inputattach to work, you can
. go for the old mouse driver and edit xorg.conf
. reverse engineer the protocol used and make code to handle that

Regards,
/Karl Hammar