:: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup
On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:17:38 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
>
> Is anyone else having problems like these? Is rdiff-backup busted?
> Or is my new backup drive or my USB interface busted?

No issues with my rdiff-backup (chimaera) here: I just moved it to
another location yesterday (a newly formatted ext4 partition on a SATA
drive; the backup script was run before and after the move) and created
a second backup on an also newly ext4-formatted LUKS-Partition on a USB
attached external disk.

Did your backup drive really go (permanently?) 'read only', or have you
been able to write to it by other means?

libre Grüße,
Florian