:: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trouble with rdiff-backup
On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 08:00:21PM +0200, Florian Zieboll via Dng wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:17:38 -0400
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> > OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
> >
> > Is anyone else having problems like these? Is rdiff-backup busted?
> > Or is my new backup drive or my USB interface busted?
>

> No issues with my rdiff-backup (chimaera) here: I just moved it to
> another location yesterday (a newly formatted ext4 partition on a SATA
> drive; the backup script was run before and after the move) and created
> a second backup on an also newly ext4-formatted LUKS-Partition on a USB
> attached external disk.
>
> Did your backup drive really go (permanently?) 'read only', or have you
> been able to write to it by other means?

I have managed to do *another* backup on the same disk. I mv'd the existing backup out of the way, and repeated the backup. This time no problems, and the disk didn't g read-only.
I did plug the drive into a different USB port.
So it appears driff-backup seems to have worked, but I'm etting suspicious abut that USB port.

-- hendrik