:: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildabl…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildable on Devuan
Hopefully this will be the last substantive email on this subject from me.

tl;dr I think this issue is largely resolved.

Build-Dependencies
==================

All ceres build dependencies are now specified and satisfiable. This required 4
fixes:

1) Fixed amprolla configuration so that Build-Depends-Arch is correctly
propagated

2) Add new dummy-systemd-dev package (which also pulls in
systemctl-service-shim) that provides systemd pkg-config configuration and
systemctl emulation.

3) Remove eudev's Breaks: systemd so that it is coinstallable with
dummy-systemd-dev (thanks bb|hcb).

4) Make libelogind0 and libsystemd0 coinstallable in the build
environments. This means that the Debian source libsystemd-dev build
dependencies can also be installed. The *runtime* libelogind0/libsystemd0
compatibility needs to be separated to its own package. I will build a new
version elogind with this shortly.

Result
======

The result of this is that of the 112 packages in ceres which have
'Build-Depends: systemd' and all their binary packages present, only the
following builds fail:

- ayatana-indicator-datetime/22.2.0-1
- crowdsec/1.0.9-3
- hddemux/0.5-1
- libvma/9.2.2-1
- libwacom/2.2.0-1
- lirc/0.10.1-6.3
- lvm2/2.03.11-2.1
- owfs/3.2p4+dfsg1-4
- pacemaker/2.1.2-1
- tracker-miners/3.1.3-4
- xdg-desktop-portal-wlr/0.5.0-3

Of those, only pacemaker looks like it might be related to missing systemd (it
checks for systemd during the build using dbus-send!). The rest are probably
Debian's own FTBFS.

Mark