:: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildabl…
Author: onefang
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildable on Devuan
On 2022-04-05 20:38:19, Andreas Messer wrote:
> Am Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 12:54:37PM +0100 schrieb Mark Hindley:
> > Apologies if nobody else is interested in this, but it seems an important issue
> > to me!
>
> No worries. Thanks for pending time to work on this important topic. I'm
> just loaded with too much other ongoing projects at the moment. Also,
> summer is on its way, garden asks (actually cries) for attention :-)
>
> However, I volunteer to work on some of these packages to have them
> systemd free. Hopefully with better outcome than wicd. Sorry for that,
> but seems no one is really using it - including me - and Gray seems to
> have his own ideas how to continue it.
>
> > [...]
> > 75 Compilation successful
>
> Thats good news so far. One could ask why they depend on systemd for build
> if they seem not to use it at all.
>

> > 7 Build dependencies still not satisfiable (usually a libsystemd0/elogind/polkit conflict)[1]:
> >
> >      gnome-settings-daemon, gdm3, gnome-shell, gnome-initial-setup, gvfs, fwupd,
> >      rust-zram-generator, neard, cluster-glue

> Uhm, gvfs may be of importance for several GTK+ based applications
> including desktops. E.g. budgie-desktop is using it ( Currently using
> that)

So far I have managed to avoid having gvfs dragged into my test Chimaera
desktop system.

> > 15 Compilation failed:
> >
> >      ayatana-indicator-datetime, crowdsec, dnsdist, e17, hddemux, libvma,
> >      libwacom, lirc, lvm2, owfs, pacemaker, pdns, tracker-miners, usbguard,
> >      xdg-desktop-portal-wlr

> e17 -> Enlightment Window Manager ? Maybe relevant

Yes, that's the Enlightenment desktop environment / window manager. The
Debian package got renamed to enlightenment. As I mentioned previously,
I used to be one of he developers. Before I left them, systemd was an
optional though default bui/d time dependency. Things may have changed
since then.