:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-04-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-04-07
# Devuan meet 2022-04-07 @20:30 UTC

Present: golinux, plasma41, bb|hcb, rrq, fsmithred, erich

## Old Business

### LeePen
* tomcat9 in chimaera-pu updated (thanks amesser)
* all chimaera-pu and beowulf-pu packages moved to main suites

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
* Updated jenkins package builder to use new
  [Jenkinsfile](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/package-pipeline/src/branch/deployment/Jenkinsfile)
* Updated packages in ceres: jenkins-buildenv-devuan, network-manager,
  reportbug
* Issue of unbuildable sources came up again on #devuan-dev with respect
  to pipewire. I had raised this in June 2021. Revisited current
  situation in ceres: 111 packages build depend on systemd. Testing with
  new
  [dummy-systemd-dev](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/dummy-systemd-dev)
  package: about 75% are then buildable. This includes xrdp which could
  be unforked. I am reworking libelogind0 dependencies to make
  libelogind0 and libsystemd0 coinstallable. Also need eudev breaks
  systemd to be removed. Together this should resolve all of the
  build-dependencies.
  *(plasma41) What does making libelogind0 and libsystemd0 coinstallable
    make possible? I thought that the point of libelogind0 was to fully
    replicate all needed interfaces provided by libsystemd0. What is it
    I'm missing? (LeePen) It means that the libsystemd-dev build-dep
    (which specifically depends on libsystemd0) that the Debian packages
    have can be installed in our Devuan build environment that also has
    libelogind0 installed. There are only 13 actual build failures that
    need investigating (ayatana-indicator-datetime, crowdsec, e17,
    hddemux, libvma, libwacom, lirc, lvm2, owfs, pacemaker, pdns,
    tracker-miners, xdg-desktop-portal-wlr). lvm2 and e17 seem the most
    high profile and some are only  testsuite failures because of
    indescriminate use of systemctl command. The systemctl-service-shim
    and/or systemctl packages may help here (that is next on my list to
    investigate). A couple have just run out of disk space. If you want
    to follow or join in the action, build logs are at
    https://hindley.org.uk/~mark/devuan/test-build-dep-systemd.sh.logs/

### bb|hcb
* Preparing a new `eudev` release 3.2.12
* move suitable Devuan changes upstream
* still pending review and approval from the team members
* Update `eudev` in ceres to 3.2.11-1

### plasma41
* My current yak-shaving adventures have me experimenting with adding
build profiles to the Debian qtbase-opensource-src package. So far
I've locally added build profiles to selectively build the various SQL
backends. I'm also working on fixing the largely currently
unimplemented clean target so repeated builds work properly. Once I've
got everything working, I'll be submitting patches to Debian.

## New Actions
* Diagnose build failures reported by LeePen
* Research additional nocsd options