:: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildabl…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: devuan-dev
New-Topics: [devuan-dev] wicd (was: Sources unbuildable on Devuan
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildable on Devuan
Am Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 12:54:37PM +0100 schrieb Mark Hindley:
> Apologies if nobody else is interested in this, but it seems an important issue
> to me!

No worries. Thanks for pending time to work on this important topic. I'm
just loaded with too much other ongoing projects at the moment. Also,
summer is on its way, garden asks (actually cries) for attention :-)

However, I volunteer to work on some of these packages to have them
systemd free. Hopefully with better outcome than wicd. Sorry for that,
but seems no one is really using it - including me - and Gray seems to
have his own ideas how to continue it.

> [...]
> 75 Compilation successful

Thats good news so far. One could ask why they depend on systemd for build
if they seem not to use it at all.

> 7 Build dependencies still not satisfiable (usually a libsystemd0/elogind/polkit conflict)[1]:
>
>      gnome-settings-daemon, gdm3, gnome-shell, gnome-initial-setup, gvfs, fwupd,
>      rust-zram-generator, neard, cluster-glue

Uhm, gvfs may be of importance for several GTK+ based applications
including desktops. E.g. budgie-desktop is using it ( Currently using
that)

> [...]
>
> 15 Compilation failed:
>
>      ayatana-indicator-datetime, crowdsec, dnsdist, e17, hddemux, libvma,
>      libwacom, lirc, lvm2, owfs, pacemaker, pdns, tracker-miners, usbguard,
>      xdg-desktop-portal-wlr

e17 -> Enlightment Window Manager ? Maybe relevant

lirc, lvm2 I use both of them. Especially lvm2 is important. I was using a
self build lvm2 package without any systemd dep with beowulf. I could try
to prepare it again...

cheers,
Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51