:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-03-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-03-31
# Devuan meet 2022-03-31 @20:30 UTC

Present: plasma41, bb|hcb, golinux, rrq, Hendrik, fsmithred

## Old Business

### golinux
* rrq retrieved the docuwiki backup

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
* Rebuilt debian-installer (mini.isos) for beowulf and ceres following
  Debian buster and bullseye kernel ABI bump.
* Other updated packages: pdns-recursor, sshguard (chimaera-backports)
* We have packages pending in:-
  *
    [beowulf-proposed-updates](https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/britney/beowulf/excuses.html)
  *
    [chimaera-proposed-updates](https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/britney/chimaera/excuses.html)
    1. Are they sufficiently tested for release? [plasma41]
    * The beowulf-proposed-updates ones look good to me.
    * The latest changelog entry for the tomcat9 package is malformed.
      The footer line is missing.
    * All of chimaera-proposed-updates looks good to me with the
      exception of hylafax which looks like it could use some more work,
      preferably in Debian upstream. If the upstream Debian package can
      be modified to not be init specific, so much the better. 2. Do we
      want an official point release, or just promote them quietly?
    * (plasma41) I don't think there are enough pending packages to
      warrant a point release. I'm in favor of quiet promotion.
    * (bb|hcb) I see no reason to wait for the Debian point release

### bb|hcb
* Policy for NMUs (non-maintainer update) in Devuan - when the team is
small it is a good idea to generally allow NMUs by default for all
packages (see Fedora, Alpine...)

### golinux
* Installed Daedalus on VB. CSD really sucks and is taking over . . .
:(

## New Actions
* (gl) Need to revisit the nocsd options as current package is
inadequate.