:: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildabl…
Author: tito
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Sources unbuildable on Devuan
On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:54:37 +0100
Mark Hindley <mark@???> wrote:

> Apologies if nobody else is interested in this, but it seems an important issue
> to me!
>
> I have completed test builds of all the ceres source packages with
> Build-Depends: systemd using dummy-systemd-dev.
>
> 111 Total source packages
>
> Of these
>
> 75 Compilation successful

Hi,
this is a really good ratio 75/111, I didn't expect it.

> 7 Build dependencies still not satisfiable (usually a libsystemd0/elogind/polkit conflict)[1]:
>
>      gnome-settings-daemon, gdm3, gnome-shell, gnome-initial-setup, gvfs, fwupd,
>      rust-zram-generator, neard, cluster-glue

Think some of them should be fixed: gnome-settings-daemon, gdm3, gnome-shell, gnome-initial-setup, gvfs, fwupd
if possible.

>  12 Skipped because 1 or more binary has a systemd dependency and is not in
>     Devuan:

>      dbus-broker, kde-config-systemd, rauc, cockpit, clevis, netplan.io,
>      debspawn, oddjob, rust-whoami, netctl, ayatana-indicator-session,
>      kde-config-systemd

This is all systemd related stuff, some of them like cockpit made it clear
that they will never support sysvinit or other init systems. Let's forget about them...

>      Maybe amprolla could do a better job of filtering these? I will look at that.

> 15 Compilation failed:
>
>      ayatana-indicator-datetime, crowdsec, dnsdist, e17, hddemux, libvma,
>      libwacom, lirc, lvm2, owfs, pacemaker, pdns, tracker-miners, usbguard,
>      xdg-desktop-portal-wlr

The only package that looks worth to be fixed to is lvm2. Others?

> The logs of the builds are at https://hindley.org.uk/~mark/devuan/test-build-dep-systemd.sh.logs

Ciao,
Tito