:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: …
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox
On Saturday 18 December 2021 at 11:14:59, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     I noticed, looking for packages the name of which include just the
> string "pulse", that a few PA libraries are still installed and cannot
> be removed because a lot of packages have a dependency on them, such as
> xfce4, atril and even gimp!

Please can you post the output of "aptitude show gimp" from the machine where
you have seen this?

I cannot find any dependency between the two, although there is a "suggested"
for libasound2 on gimp. I haven't yet found a link between libasound2 and
pulseaudio, but even if there were, a suggestion is very different from a
dependency.

Antony.

--
"Tannenbaumschmuck" is a perfectly reasonable German word
meaning Christmas tree decorations, and is not a quote from Linus Torvalds.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.