:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox
Le 17/12/2021 à 23:29, Didier Kryn a écrit :
> Le 17/12/2021 à 20:32, Marc Shapiro via Dng a écrit :
>>>>
>>>      Why do you need to track the very last version from Mozilla? The
>>> package provided in Devuan Chimaera just works with Alsa out of the box.
>> Not here.  I just uninstalled pulseaudio, again, and ran Firefox ESR
>> (78.15.0esr 64-bit) and got complete silence.  Xine, however, was
>> working this time.
>     Firefox isn't my daily browser but I have it installed. I'm running
> the same version of Firefox as you, on the same arch and the same distro
> and it plays sound without pulseaudio. There must be something wrong in
> your config. Have you Alsa installed? And QuasMixer? Is it the version
> of Firefox provided by the Devuan package or did you compile it yourself?

    I noticed, looking for packages the name of which include just the
string "pulse", that a few PA libraries are still installed and cannot
be removed because a lot of packages have a dependency on them, such as
xfce4, atril and even gimp! This is the same kind of cancer as Systemd
in what we can easily recognize the touch of the author.

--     Didier