:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: …
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox
On Saturday 18 December 2021 at 11:22:10, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Saturday 18 December 2021 at 11:14:59, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >     I noticed, looking for packages the name of which include just the

> > string "pulse", that a few PA libraries are still installed and cannot
> > be removed because a lot of packages have a dependency on them, such as
> > xfce4, atril and even gimp!
>
> Please can you post the output of "aptitude show gimp" from the machine
> where you have seen this?

Another useful output to see would be "aptitude why XXX" where XXX is any of
the PA libraries you say you have found which gimp etc. depends on.

"why" will tell you which other packages either depend on, or recommend, the
one you've asked about, and is a useful way to find out how (or indeed why)
something got installed on your machine.

--
"The problem with television is that the people must sit and keep their eyes
glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it."

- New York Times, following a demonstration at the 1939 World's Fair.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.