:: Re: [DNG] snetaid debs...
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] snetaid debs...
Tue, 2 Nov 2021 08:30:34 +0100 - aitor <aitor_czr@???>:

> Hi,
>
> On 1/11/21 19:48, aitor wrote:
>
> > The code of simple-netaid is ready to use:

[...]

> Done:
>
> https://www.gnuinos.org/simple-netaid/
> <https://www.gnuinos.org/simple-netaid/>

Hi aitor

Thank you a lot for your work.

> Packages have been tested in a fresh install of devuan chimaera. The
> dependency on libpstat (Jude Nelson) might be replaced with pwdx
> (maybe...) Please, don't forget to configure
> your /etc/network/interfaces properly.

I tried to install the new packages on Beowulf:

- snetaid 1.0-1 package was istalled, but I have:

$ sudo service snetaid status
/usr/sbin/snetaid: error while loading shared libraries: libnetaid.so.1:

- indeed when trying to install the libnetaid 1.0-1 I get a dependency
error being required libc6>=2.29 ...

Since now I have no time to rebuild snetaid sources on Beowulf, I decided
to firstly migrate my system to Chimaera (as soon as possible) and then
"retry" to install snetaid...

> Next packages will consist of a
> status icon in both Gtk and Qt. I have them working.

Great!!!

> Shortly i'll test simple-netaid in other distributions. Specially, I
> look forward to build packages for Void Linux, including also ifupdown
> -available in github for other distros, de(b|v)uan aside.
>
> Feedback is welcome.
>
> Cheers,

Best regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B