:: Re: [DNG] Information request re: w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Information request re: wayland
o1bigtenor via Dng said on Thu, 2 Sep 2021 14:16:58 -0500

>Greetings
>
>My long time mentor in things Linux (described himself as a fossil) is
>no longer with us. (He suggested that I strongly consider using Devuan
>which I now have on one system.)
>He was of the opinion that Wayland - - - whatever its exact function,
>was really not worth running.
>Yet it is being touted as the X11 replacement and is now supposedly
>capable of handling both multi-gpu and multi-monitor setups.
>
>What say you?

I'm not installing Wayland until the bitter end. The day I install
Wayland, my dmenu software breaks, and I use that literally hundreds of
times a day. The day I install Wayland, I can't use my beloved Openbox
window manager anymore. Most important, I keep hearing little voices on
the web imply that Wayland is very closely tied to systemd.

I have no problem with X.

SteveT

Steve Litt