:: Re: [DNG] Only a few packages now s…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: wirelessduck
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Only a few packages now still on hold
On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 10:15:31PM +1000, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
> Is seatd likely to get anywhere in the next Debian development cycle after bullseye/chimaera? Would this allow us to just need only one option for users to install?

It is already packaged in Devuan and is also waiting to enter Debian[1]. I am
aware that the wlroots maintainers need/want to to use it in version 0.14 and
later. So there is the prospect of some progress. However, currently seatd uses
other logind implementations as backends[2] so it is a layer on top of that
rather than a replacement at the moment.

Mark

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/seatd_0.5.0-2.html

[2] https://git.sr.ht/~kennylevinsen/seatd#whats-in-the-box