:: Re: [DNG] Only a few packages now s…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Only a few packages now still on hold
On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 01:13:26PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 05:33:23PM +0200, Bernard Rosset via Dng wrote:
> > On 31/07/2021 22:03, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > > I'm practicing upgrades on my spare laptop, getting ready for doing my server
> > > upgrade from ascii to beowulf..
> > >
> > > They are both running ascii.
> > >
> > > Starting, of course, by making the ascii up to date still as ascii, before I try tye
> > > upgrade to beowulf.
> > >
> > > Having trouble doing even this innocuous act.
> > >
> > > I tried starting by using interactive aptitude to just update and upgrade.
> >
> > After changing your sources to point to the new release,
>
> I have not yet changed my sources. I figured I should make sure the
> ascii system is up-to-date as an ascii system before I start to upgrade
> to beowulf.
>
> > have you run
> > "apt-get upgrade" or "apt-get dist-upgrade"?
> > It looks to me as if you did the former.
>
> I used the update and upgrade inside the interactive aptitude.
>
> I guess I have to do dist-upgrade outside the interacctive aptitude.

And today I did aptitude update and aptitude upgrade in the CLI instead
of in the interactive apttude. Just about everything just worked,
except for 3 packages:
elogind
libpam-elogind
libelogind0
They do nog get upgraded.

Following this with
aptitude dist-upgrade
tells me these will be upgraded, but then balks, telling me to remove
libpam-elogind

How safe is this? isn't elogind kind of important?

I'm still just upgrading from ascii to ascii. beowulf not in my sights
yet.

-- hendrik