:: Re: [DNG] routine ascii upgrade mys…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Only a few packages now still on hold
Subject: Re: [DNG] routine ascii upgrade mysteriously on hold
On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 05:33:23PM +0200, Bernard Rosset via Dng wrote:
> On 31/07/2021 22:03, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I'm practicing upgrades on my spare laptop, getting ready for doing my server
> > upgrade from ascii to beowulf..
> >
> > They are both running ascii.
> >
> > Starting, of course, by making the ascii up to date still as ascii, before I try tye
> > upgrade to beowulf.
> >
> > Having trouble doing even this innocuous act.
> >
> > I tried starting by using interactive aptitude to just update and upgrade.
>
> After changing your sources to point to the new release,

I have not yet changed my sources. I figured I should make sure the
ascii system is up-to-date as an ascii system before I start to upgrade
to beowulf.

> have you run
> "apt-get upgrade" or "apt-get dist-upgrade"?
> It looks to me as if you did the former.

I used the update and upgrade inside the interactive aptitude.

I guess I have to do dist-upgrade outside the interacctive aptitude.