:: Re: [DNG] New service manager being…
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] New service manager being developed
On 21.07.21 13:34, dng@??? wrote:

> Great initiative. I am currently using Alpine combined with s6-overlay
> in most of my docker containers and it works very well.

Just curious: what are you using a s6 inside docker containers for ?

I've always been under the impression that docker containers are meant
for running only one application/service per container and thus don't
need an extra service supervisor inside the container.

By the way: IMHO a huge portion of the whole topic is describing the
individual services. I've made some experiments on some hi-level
service description that hopefully should be universal enough for
driving quite any supervisor/service manager on any distro from that,
while still being easy to maintain, even for the actual package
upstreams. Of course, that's just a little PoC, nothing usable in
the field. https://github.com/metux/srvman

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert