:: Re: [DNG] APT upgrade, was USB moun…
Author: Alessandro Vesely
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] APT upgrade, was USB mount problem

Hi,

On Sat 26/Jun/2021 01:10:08 +0200 Patrick Bartek Via Dng wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:34:32 +0200
> Alessandro Vesely via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>> After I did a system upgrade, I couldn't mount an USB key any
>> more, until I manually installed udevil. What happened,
>> dependency changes? >
> This is one of the "gotchas" that can happen when running an "in
> development" version. As far as why it happen: could be a number of
> things. Most of the time, it's because a dependency, like udevil to
> spacefm, become mismatched version-wise. That is, udevil has become
> "too old" to work with spacefm, and the upgrade process uninstalls it.
> Try "full-grade" instead of just "upgrade" to get the newer version of
> the dependencies when "upgrading." In fact, this is the recommended
> procedure when running an "in development" or testing version.

I tried apt-get dist-upgrade afterwards, but it didn't bring up much
staff. Later on, I found that some software that I don't use very
often was removed from my system. I had to install anew Inkscape and
MariaDB server.

I remember many release changes done in two steps, apt-get upgrade
followed by apt-get dist-upgrade for the rest. This time it seems
that the system forgot about removed packages. Is it so because
chimaera is not yet released?

Best
Ale