:: Re: [DNG] Please don't imply this k…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Please don't imply this kind of equality: was Re: End of free open source software?
On Mon, 10 May 2021 14:44:49 -0400, Steve wrote in message
<20210510144449.6e43f04d@???>:

> Lars Noodén via Dng said on Sun, 9 May 2021 13:52:05 +0300
>
> >On 5/9/21 12:57 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> >> ..so was The Donald and der Adolf.
>
> The preceding sentence was written by a guy I've /dev/nulled since
> 2014, so I'm not going to try to convince him, but I'd like to appeal
> to anyone else who might ever try to imply an equivalence between
> hitler and almost anyone else, including donald trump.
>
> I despise trump. Anyone on Facebook knows how much: My facebook page
> is public. I've spent hundreds of hours campaigning against him, and
> hundreds of dollars in campaign contributions to oust him and his
> cronies from office, and I support his imprisonment for his crimes.
> He's responsible for the deaths of 400,000 to 500,000 Americans, give
> or take.
>
> But trump doesn't rise to hitler's criminality. He didn't build death
> camps. Although trump's victims tended to be from certain racial "out
> groups", he didn't specifically target pick and choose members of
> those groups for extermination. Although 500,000 is a substantial
> number, enough to call it a genocide if applied directly to certain
> groups, 500,000 is a lot smaller than 11,000,000.

..aye. And it's 13,518,250, if you accept the lowest estimate on
der Adolf.
Yes, it _can_ be argued "Trump was stopped in time.", if you accept
the idea that half a million dead is a silly prank. Or 25,495,692+.
Adolf Hitler is bad, but not the worst genocider in human history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll#List_of_political_leaders_and_regimes_by_death_toll

..having watched well over 200 million die from pollusion in water,
air, and in the food supply, starvation, the absence of clean
affordable heat and energy and the climate collapsing since 1998
when the Norwegian government (or Statoil/"Equinor"?) stopped me
from making a business out of my own thermochemical gasification
technology that should have landed me about 15% of the global energy
market making cheap clean water, heat, electricity and carbon for
terra preta type syntetic farmland soils out of common municipal
solid etc waste, and cut about a 1/3 of carbon emmissions by
outcompeting fossil fuels on price alone, I respectfully disagree
Adolf Hitler is that much worse than Donald J. Trump, they are both
genociders under both International and American Law:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1091
http://www.religioustolerance.org/genocide.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

..at least 6 refuge children died in Trump's border camps,
and it only takes one death to convict him and his regime
for genocide under 18 U.S. Code § 1091(b)(1) or (2).

> You might ask why I write all this. 2 reasons:
>
> 1) I'm Jewish
> 2) I read history books

..did you know Holocoust true start was the 1927 "Sigøinerparagraf"
put into law by the Norw. parliament?

> When *anybody*, with the possible exception of stalin and pol pot, is
> compared to hitler, it normalizes hitler's atrocities. My ex
> girlfriend once showed me her family tree, in book form. Many, many
> pages were crossed out, killed by hitler.
>
> So please: Don't write or say things that makes an equivalency between
> trump and hitler. They're both very bad, but one is much, much worse.

..as stated above, I respectfully disagree.