:: [DNG] Please don't imply this kind …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Please don't imply this kind of equality: was Re: End of free open source software?
Lars Noodén via Dng said on Sun, 9 May 2021 13:52:05 +0300

>On 5/9/21 12:57 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 May 2021 09:18:47 +0200, Dr. wrote in message
>> <202105090918.47488.office@???>:

>>> Thats just bullshit bingo.
>>
>> ..so was The Donald and der Adolf.

The preceding sentence was written by a guy I've /dev/nulled since
2014, so I'm not going to try to convince him, but I'd like to appeal to
anyone else who might ever try to imply an equivalence between hitler
and almost anyone else, including donald trump.

I despise trump. Anyone on Facebook knows how much: My facebook page is
public. I've spent hundreds of hours campaigning against him, and
hundreds of dollars in campaign contributions to oust him and his
cronies from office, and I support his imprisonment for his crimes.
He's responsible for the deaths of 400,000 to 500,000 Americans, give or
take.

But trump doesn't rise to hitler's criminality. He didn't build death
camps. Although trump's victims tended to be from certain racial "out
groups", he didn't specifically target pick and choose members of those
groups for extermination. Although 500,000 is a substantial number,
enough to call it a genocide if applied directly to certain groups,
500,000 is a lot smaller than 11,000,000.

You might ask why I write all this. 2 reasons:

1) I'm Jewish
2) I read history books

When *anybody*, with the possible exception of stalin and pol pot, is
compared to hitler, it normalizes hitler's atrocities. My ex girlfriend
once showed me her family tree, in book form. Many, many pages were
crossed out, killed by hitler.

So please: Don't write or say things that makes an equivalency between
trump and hitler. They're both very bad, but one is much, much worse.

SteveT

Steve Litt