:: Re: [DNG] FSF, RMS and a danger to …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FSF, RMS and a danger to almost all GPL code
Le 01/04/2021 à 14:39, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Didier Kryn said on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:07:50 +0200
>
>>   cancel-culture
> Please don't use that phrase, unless you're the second coming of Rush
> Limbaugh. It's an ugly, Foxnews/right wing radio epithet for the
> time-honored practice of boycotting, perhaps the last tool of power for
> the average citizen. It's a trope.

    Sorry Steve if you were shocked. I've never watched Foxnews nor the
person you name and whose name I read for the first time. I don't live
in the US but the word "cancel culture" has spread over the world and is
seen in my country as a fashion which I don't think I need to describe
here. I was always a leftist, which means in my country far more left
that in yours.

    I think social networks favour the trends of humans to form groups
of activists against whatever immorality, supposed or real, and
collectively harrass the people they declare guilty. When this happens
against living people, wether unknown or famous, it is just called
harrasment; when it addresses dead celebrities, we call it by the word
you disapprove.

    My position in the current debate about RMS is evolving and balancing.

--     Didier