:: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software…
Author: Larry De Coste
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software (was Re: Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver?)
On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 09:50:53 -0500
Steve Litt wrote among other things:

|Likewise, when I used Ubuntu, I wanted to get rid of Plymouth, which
|in my opinion is eye-candy for Windows Weenies. I tried and failed
|with package-manager-fu. I tried and failed with several other
|approaches. Finally I just renamed the Plymouth executable, and
|BANG, things worked like I wanted them to.

I can't believe that someone who knows what they're doing did this
too.

In my case it was Sparky JWM (Debian Testing NOT Ubuntu based), a
fine, but systemd, distro BTW: I just couldn't fix the
errors I kept getting on apt-get dist-upgrade, until I killed
Plymouth.

--

"While some hold that perfection is the enemy of the good,
I've found that it is only in its pursuit that one avoids the

Larry De Coste <larrydecoste@???>
Pawtucket RI EE.UU.
Cell/Signal/Txt: +1(401) 275-3712