:: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software (was Re: Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver?)

>>Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

>If I had demanded of myself to change the root cause instead of
>coathangering the symptom, I'd have needed to go to the Void Linux
>developers and ask them to find a way to accommodate DNS, in a
>travelling situation, without changing /etc/resolv.conf.

Before Rick says it, the preceding paragraph was slightly miswritten.
I'm sure on Void Linux there's some package-manager-fu or some other
raindance to get /etc/resolv.conf to do what you want it to, without
making it immutable.

What I was trying to say was that if I wanted to change the *design* of
the system, I'd have to petition the Void Linux packagers and the (urk)
Freedesktop.org "upstream".

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive