:: Re: [DNG] Distribution upgrade issu…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Distribution upgrade issue
On Sunday 21 February 2021 at 23:33:39, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:

> I found an issue with a distribution upgrade from ascii to beowulf.

Please give at least an outline of how you performed that upgrade?

> During the upgrade mysql is stopped. later in the process the upgrade to
> roundcube is attempted. When that happens, the script can't make the mysql
> connection because mysql is not running.

> I had to go get the upgrade script from roundcube to update it's database
> manually. The roundcube upgrade should happen after the mysql/mariadb
> upgrade and mysql should be running.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that this is a Devuan (rather than Debian)
problem.

Can you identify:

1. whether any of the packages involved in the upgrade have been forked by
Devuan

2. whether a Debian Stretch system running the same applications upgrades to
Buster without the same problems

3. which repositories you are fetching the various packages from

This may help to identify whether:

a) Devuan is causing the problems you experienced

b) the same would have happened under Debian

c) the problems are caused by some mismatch of package versions which can't be
handled by a routine upgrade

Regards,

Antony.

--
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
lose.

- William H Gates III

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.