:: Re: [DNG] unsigned kernels - strang…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Erich Minderlein
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] unsigned kernels - strange behaviour
Hi Erich,

Erich Minderlein via Dng writes:

> Hi
>
> tonight my ansible stopped execution with the message
>
> TASK [Reboot the box if kernel updated] ****************************************
> fatal: [*$Hostname*]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 0, "msg": "Running reboot with local connection would reboot the control node.", "rebooted": false}
>
> Now there are no new kernels to install, because the system is up to date.
> Last kernel install was Feb 7 06:49
>
> [...]

FYI, kernel upgrades are *not* the only trigger for reboots. Other
packages may requests reboots as well. Some that I (vaguely) recall
from the top of my head include initramfs-tools and libc-bin.

You may find a /var/run/needs-reboot (or similar, don't remember the
exact name, nor location below /var) that is used as the trigger and
contains the packages that want to trigger. A reboot will remove the
file.

# find /var -name '*reboot*' should list the file, if it still exists.

Hope this helps,